If on the manual action page, the above message (User Generated Spam penalty) is displayed, it indicates that there is spam generated by user has been found on your website by Google. Commonly guestbooks, forum pages as well as user profiles have this form of content in them.
This is the reason that Google considers a manual spam activity to all the portions which are stirred on the website. Under the headline “side-wide matches” you will find the activities that stir your whole website while the headline “partial matches” represents activities that stir only a specific part of the website.
What Google staff says about user generated spam penalty:
Suggested actions to get rid of user generated spam penalty on your own (not recommended for inexperienced users):
I) Verify the Webmaster guidelines of Google on user generated spam.
II) Consider the following facts to neglect the concerned violations.
- Check out the areas where it is possible for users to post comment. Some of these areas include blog comment, user profiles or any other comments.
- These sections must be checked for the following
- Profiles and posts that are similar with any form of advertisements
- Profiles as well as posts that are having off-topic links and out-of-context.
III) Commercial usernames. There are certain comments with names such as the name of a company or a trade. They actually don’t seem like the name of an actually existing user or a real user.
IV) Automatically generated profiles and posts which are not posted by any of the users or the visitor of your website.
Hint: In order to locate the spam content on your website you can simply use the site operator with some commercial keywords during the search on Google which are having no relation with your website. For instance, making a search such as “website: building.com villas” will return content from your own website which is related to villas.
- Neglect any form of content that is same as description.
- Focus on some measures that are useful in preventing user generated spam.
Google is giving just general recommendations. Typical user don’t know what’s good, what’s bad and what to fix. Names can be very different. Is commercial name bad if not created by you? How do you know if this profile is created only for link purposes? Should you just delete them? What if they were created by real users loving that brand? What to do with other profiles if names are ok, there’s no links yet? This can be really frustrating and in almost all cases people don’t know what to do with user generated spam. How to fix it or how to prevent website from spam.
I’m here to help you lift this penalty.
What I need to lift user generated spam penalty:
- Google Search Console access for my google email I’ll provide – full user
- Login, password for CMS (if there’s a cms panel for example WordPress)
- Any key changes made to website/code.
After all done, I’ll send Google Reconsideration Request. Then we have to wait for positive message. Google should answer in a week or so.